Brussels Weekend Getaway Prize
General Rules and Guidelines
Disclaimer: Meeting Professionals who submit a Request for Proposal (RFP) for a Brussels meeting by Dec. 31, 2011 will be entered for a chance to win. Meeting must be a new prospect for Brussels and have a minimum of 50 rooms on peak or 200 total room nights to qualify. All submissions will be entered to win one Brussels Weekend Getaway worth $3,200 total value. Some limitations apply, see the Terms and Regulations. The drawing will take place February 1st, 2012.
TERMS AND REGULATIONS
By participating in the Brussels Getaway Prize Draw (the "Promotion"), you fully agree and accept the Brussels Getaway Prize Draw Terms and Conditions (the "Terms and Conditions") set out below (as amended from time to time). These Terms and Conditions should be read in conjunction with information appearing in the entry instructions.
1. The Promotion is only open to entrants who reside in the US and are aged 18 years and over.
2. The Promotion is not open to employees of Visit Brussels ("Promoter") and/or Hotel Le Plaza Brussels, and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child or sibling), affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, advisors; or anyone else involved in the creation or administration of the Promotion.
3. No purchase necessary to enter the Promotion. To enter the Promotion, please send an eligible RFP for Brussels to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Only one entry per person. Entries must be made personally.
5. To enter the Promotion, entrants must have access to a computer and access to the internet.
6. The Promotion opens at 8:00 am on November 1, 2011, and closes at midnight CET on December 31, 2011. Entries received after the closing date will not be processed.
7. The winner will be drawn at random from all qualifying entries by no later than February 1, 2012.
8. The winner will receive a Brussels Weekend Getaway. The package includes: Roundtrip airfare for two to Brussels, Belgium; Transportation from/to airport in a private sedan; Two-night stay in deluxe accommodations at Hotel Le Plaza Brussels ; Breakfast for two each morning; Expert itinerary planning ideas.
9. The winner will be responsible for arranging and purchasing i) any and all meals, drinks and activities during the short break non included in the package, iii) any insurance, iv) a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity for the entire duration of the weekend getaway, v) any visas that may be required to travel, vi) any vaccinations or inoculations and vii) all other expenses incurred by the winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
10. The prize must be taken by February 1, 2013. Reservations at the hotel are based on availability; black-out dates and sold out dates may apply. The prize is not valid during international or US holidays and special events. The winner must call the organizer VisitBrussels (+1 212 758 8130 – email@example.com / Contact : Veronique Boyens) no earlier than 60 days in advance. The winner must present the hotel with any relevant original travel and/or accommodation vouchers/certificates. If the date you choose is unavailable we reserve the right to offer you a suitable alternative.
11. The prize is subject to availability.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize in whole (or any of its components), with a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
13. The winner will be notified by e-mail by the Promoter within five (5) days of the prize-draw
for the Promotion referred to above in paragraph 8. If the winner does not respond to that e-mail
from the Promoter within seven (15) days of the time of notification to confirm receipt, then the
winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner at random
(and that winner will have to respond to the e-mail sent to them by the Promoter within fifteen
days of that e-mail being sent to them or else they will also forfeit their prize and the same
process will apply until a winner accepts the prize).
14. The winner must contact VisitBrussels for details of how to claim the prize.
15. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other
prizes and cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offers or discounts.
16. Details of the winner (name and county of residence) can be obtained by sending a stamped
addressed envelope to the following address: VisitBrussels c/o Belgiqn Tourist Office, 220 East
42nd Street – New York, NY 10017, USA. The winner will be required to participate in all publicity
in relation to the Promotion.
17. The Promoter's decision is final and binding in every situation including any not covered
above and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. The Promoter is not responsible for any third party acts or omissions. The Promoter cannot
guarantee that the prize will be free from disruptions, failings or cancellations. The Promoter is
not liable for such disruptions, failings or cancellations unless they are caused by the Promoter's
19. Any requests for refunds or compensation arising from any disruptions, failings or cancellations
should be sent to the relevant entity. The Promoter can provide you with their details on
20. The Promoter reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue,
temporarily or permanently, this Promotion with or without prior notice due to reasons outside
its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud).
The decision of VisitBrussels in all matters under its control is final and binding.
21.The Promoter may, in its reasonable discretion, disqualify any entrant whose conduct is contrary
to the spirit or word of these Terms and Conditions.
22. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any Promotion entries that are lost, damaged,
mislaid or delayed or for any technical failure or any event which may cause the Promotion to be
disrupted. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
23. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter reserves the right to use the winner's voice, image,
photograph, name and likeness for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional
material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner and in entering the Promotion,
all entrants consent to the same.
24. By entering the Promotion entrants agree that their personal data submitted as part of the Promotion
entry process will be stored and processed on behalf of the Promoter as data controller in
accordance with applicable data protection laws. Entrants agree that such data may be used to
contact the winner of the promotion and for publicity purposes as stated above and winner's
name and county of residence will be provided on request. A request to access, update or correct
any information should be directed to the Promoter at the address set out below.
25. The Promoter and Hotel Le Plaza Brussels accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities,
injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Promotion
or accepting the prize. The Promoter, The Promoter, Hotel Le Plaza Brussels further disclaim
liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Promotion.
26. Nothing shall exclude the liability of the The Promoter and Hotel Le Plaza Brussels for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of either party's negligence.
27. The Promoter and Hotel Le Plaza Brussels shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
28. Promoter: VisitBrussels c/o Belgian Tourist Office – 220 East 42nd Street – New York, NY 10017, USA.